When it concerns getting an excellent night’s sleep, having the right mattress is necessary. With numerous alternatives available on the market, it can be challenging to discover one that meets your requirements. Nevertheless, the Puffy Mattress has actually been gaining a lot of attention recently, thanks to its distinct style and functions.
In this post, we will take an in-depth look at the Puffy Mattress, exploring its building, convenience level and other vital factors that make it stick out from the competition.
Whether you’re in the marketplace for a brand-new bed mattress or simply curious about the most recent sleep innovation, you won’t wish to miss this detailed evaluation of the Puffy Mattress. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Who is Puffy Mattress good for?
Puffy Mattress is a great alternative for anyone who values convenience, pressure, and support relief in a bed mattress. The medium-firm feel of the Puffy Mattress makes it an excellent choice for back sleepers and those who require a balance of cushioning and support.
Additionally, if you struggle with pressure pains and pains, the Puffy Mattress’s memory foam building and construction can assist ease pain around pressure points. The Puffy Mattress is likewise a good alternative for hot sleepers, thanks to its cooling technology that assists manage your body temperature throughout the night.
The Puffy Mattress is a good option for kids, thanks to its stain-resistant cover and the best amount of cushion and assistance for lighter bodies in any sleeping position. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
What is the Puffy Mattress made of?
To offer you a much more in depth take a look at this bed mattress, I’m going to take a look at each of its layers. The Puffy is an all foam bed-in-a-box bed mattress created to keep your spine neutrally aligned. All the foams in this bed are CertiPUR-US Certified, which implies they’re without heavy metals and hazardous chemicals.
Let’s look inside to see how this all pans out
- Cover: The Puffy’s bed mattress cover is hypoallergenic and stain-resistant. These are excellent benefits for anyone using this mattress for kids! The polyester-blend cover likewise has a soft, comfortable feel.
- Comfort Layer: Right below the cover is a “Gel Cloud” convenience layer. This cooling cloud foam layer will help you sleep cooler than you would on a standard memory foam bed mattress and keep body heat away. This gel memory foam is very soft and will allow you to sink into the mattress for some nice pressure relief.
- Base Layer: The Puffy’s support layer is made of HD polyfoam, a super-common support material found in many bed-in-a-box bed mattress. This layer provides strong and tough assistance to the bed mattress.
- Transition Layer: Next up is a “Climate Comfort” layer made of responsive poly foam. This has a firmer feel and helps relieve you down onto the support foam below. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Puffy Mattress Firmness
Prior to we get started, keep in mind that firmness is subjective. A mattress will feel firmer or softer to different sleepers depending upon their body weight, shape, and chosen sleeping position. To get a precise idea of how firm the Puffy feels, I polled a variety of colleagues, all of whom are Certified Sleep Science Coaches and balanced our scores and firmness levels together. The market requirement for medium firmness is a 6.5 out of 10.
The Puffy at first felt super-soft when I laid down, however after I sank through the leading layer, I felt support from its shift layer. I offered this mattress a 6 out of 10 on the mattress firmness scale, which suggests it’s a little softer than average. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Puffy Mattress Performance
A bed will carry out in a different way based on your sleep position and physique. Your sleeping position ought to be the main factor you’re remembering when looking for a mattress, however various body weights likewise need various amounts of pressure point relief and assistance.
Let’s discuss how the Puffy performs for different type of sleepers.
Is the Puffy a Good Mattress for Light Sleepers (under 130 pounds)?
- Light Back Sleepers: Yes, these sleepers ought to be quite delighted on the Puffy. They’ll experience a good mix of spinal assistance and pressure relief at the lower back.
- Light Stomach Sleepers: I believe the Puffy is a bit too soft for light stomach sleepers and could permit their hips to sink too far into the mattress, throwing the spinal column out of positioning. I ‘d suggest taking a look at our roundup of finest bed mattress for stomach sleepers for better options.
- Light Side Sleepers: I ‘d also recommend the Puffy to the lightweight side sleepers. They should find some great pressure remedy for the Puffy’s comfortable Gel Cloud comfort layer. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Is the Puffy a Good Mattress for Average-Weight Sleepers (130– 250 pounds)?
- Average Weight Back Sleepers: I believe average-weight back sleepers should more than happy on this bed. I ‘d particularly recommend it to those who experience pain at the hips and/or shoulders who require a little bit of added pressure relief.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers: The Puffy isn’t quite firm enough for average-weight stomach sleepers. These sleepers must choose a firmer mattress that will promote a neutral spine positioning for stomach sleeping.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers: These sleepers should also be rather pleased on this bed. They’ll get some nice sinkage at the shoulders and hips. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Is the Puffy a Good Mattress for Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)?
- Heavy Back Sleepers: I wouldn’t recommend the Puffy as a good mattress for heavy people It doesn’t have the best level of support to avoid these sleepers from sinking all the way down into the bed. Instead, I ‘d opt for a hybrid or innerspring mattress, or better yet, one particularly developed for heavy people.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers: See above
- Heavy Side Sleepers: See above Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Puffy Mattress Pricing
The rates for Puffy bed mattress differs depending upon the design and size you choose. Puffy typically provides discounts and promotions, so you may be able to find a better offer if you keep an eye out for sales. Furthermore, Puffy deals funding choices that permit you to spend for your bed mattress in installments if you choose.
Puffy Mattress is a top quality memory foam mattress that is created to supply a supportive and comfortable sleep experience, with a medium-firm feel that’s suitable for most sleep positions.
The Puffy Mattress includes a two-layer foam construction, which includes a 3-inch layer of Cooling Cloud foam on top of a 7-inch layer of Firm Core Support foam. The Cooling Cloud foam is instilled with gel beads that help regulate body temperature and decrease heat retention, while the Firm Core Support foam offers support and makes sure appropriate spine alignment.
The Puffy Mattress is also CertiPUR-US certified, which indicates that it’s made without hazardous chemicals and is safe for you and the environment. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
The Puffy Lux Mattress is an updated version of the Puffy Mattress and it is developed to offer a comfy and glamorous sleep experience, with an additional layer of luxurious foam for additional cushioning and pressure relief.
The Puffy Lux Mattress features a three-layer foam building, which includes a 1.5-inch layer of Cooling Cloud foam, a 1.5-inch layer of Plush Dual Cloud foam and a 7-inch layer of Firm Core Support foam. The Cooling Cloud foam is instilled with gel beads that assist regulate body temperature and minimize heat retention, while the Plush Dual Cloud foam provides additional cushioning and pressure relief. The Firm Core Support foam offers assistance and makes sure appropriate spine positioning.
The Puffy Lux Mattress is likewise CertiPUR-US accredited, which means that it’s made without harmful chemicals and is safe for you and the environment. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
The Puffy Royal Mattress is the most advanced and glamorous bed mattress produced by Puffy. It’s developed to supply a plush and comfy sleep experience, with a five-layer foam building that includes a variety of sophisticated products.
The Puffy Royal Mattress features a five-layer foam building, that includes a 1.5-inch layer of Cooling Cloud foam, a 2-inch layer of Plush Dual Cloud foam, a 2-inch layer of Climate Comfort foam, a 2-inch layer of Body Adapting Dual Cloud foam and a 7-inch layer of Firm Core Support foam. The Cooling Cloud foam is infused with gel beads that help regulate body temperature level and minimize heat retention, while the Plush Dual Cloud foam offers extra cushioning and pressure relief. The Climate Comfort foam and Body Adapting Dual Cloud foam help provide targeted pressure relief and the Firm Core Support foam supplies support and ensures appropriate spine alignment.
The Puffy Royal Mattress also includes a luxurious pillow-top layer for added convenience and is covered in a high-quality, breathable fabric that’s both soft and long lasting. Like other Puffy bed mattress, the Puffy Royal Mattress is CertiPUR-US licensed, suggesting it’s made without damaging chemicals and is safe for you and the environment. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Puffy Mattress Pain Relief Performance
How a bed alleviates pressure at the hips and shoulders is important for each sleeper to consider. It’s particularly crucial if you fight with pain, as a mattress with excellent pressure relief can help alleviate and avoid discomfort and stiffness.
I measured the pressure relief on the Puffy mattress by utilizing a pressure map. A pressure map supplies a visual representation of where pressure points might form while pushing the Puffy. I put a pressure map on top of the Puffy and rolled onto my back, side, and stomach to reveal you how the Puffy responds to body weight. Blue to green locations show low pressure while orange to red areas reveal high pressure
- Shoulder Pain: The map suggests pressure forming around my shoulders as I rolled over to my side. I ‘d decide for a slightly softer bed mattress to supply even more pressure relief if you’re a side sleeper who suffers from shoulder discomfort. Back sleepers with shoulder pain must discover the Puffy to be a comfy mattress. Stomach sleepers with shoulder pain will likely want a firmer bed mattress to keep their spinal column in alignment. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
- Back Pain: The Puffy is an excellent pressure-relieving option for sleepers with back discomfort. I believe it’s too soft of a bed mattress for a lot of stomach sleepers with back discomfort, as their hips will sink in too far. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
- Hip Pain: Although there’s some yellow and green on my hips when laying on my side and on my back, I think these are still excellent pressure map results. I reflect sleepers and side sleepers with hip pain should feel comfortable on the Puffy. I think the Puffy is too soft for stomach sleepers with hip discomfort and it would further their discomfort over time by allowing their hips to sink in too far. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Puffy Mattress Performance for Couples
You’re going to desire to look out for a few extra aspects that may not matter for solo sleepers if you sleep with a partner. You’ll desire to understand how well your mattress absorbs motion, whether or not it’s excellent for sex, if it has strong and tough edges, and if it will keep you both cool. Take a look at how the Puffy stacks up in these categories listed below. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
- Motion Transfer
Movement transfer is a step of the quantity of motion you’ll likely identify from one side of the bed to the other. If you sleep with a partner who tends to toss and turn throughout the night, you’ll desire a bed that does not transfer a great deal of motion, or has great movement isolation, so you can sleep peacefully.
To test movement transfer, I dropped a 10 pound steel ball from heights of 4 inches, 8 inches and 12 inches, and measured the disturbance it triggered: the bigger the lines, the bigger the disruption.
These are great motion transfer results! I ‘d state you won’t feel disturbed by a partner turning and tossing, and may not even feel them getting in and out of bed. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
The best mattress for sex is going to be a bit responsive and bouncy, so you and your partner can walk around easily. I ‘d say the Puffy is a fine mattress for sex. It isn’t a particularly bouncy bed and you are going to feel more “in” this bed than “on top” of it. If you’re searching for a bed mattress that’s especially great for sex I ‘d suggest an innerspring bed mattress. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Due to the cooling gel within, the Puffy sleeps fairly cool for an all-foam bed mattress, so a lot of couples won’t require to fret about sleeping hot on it. Nevertheless, those who sleep extra hot or tend to get too hot frequently may want to search for a bed with a coil layer to promote more air flow. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
- Edge Support
A bed mattress feels a little bit larger when you can spread out over its whole sleeping surface. Edge assistance can likewise be a great measure of a bed mattress’ sturdiness and whether it might droop over time.
I ‘d state the Puffy has typical edge assistance. I felt unsteady sitting on the side of this bed mattress and felt it was typical laying down. A lot of foam bed mattress do not have actually enhanced edges, so this wasn’t a huge surprise. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Puffy Mattress Unboxing
Like any online mattress or bed-in-a-box mattress, the Puffy has a 24 to 48 hour off-gassing period. Throughout this time, your bed mattress will totally decompress and release any caught gasses in its foams. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Puffy vs Nolah
Puffy and Nolah are both popular bed mattress brand names that use premium, innovative mattresses. When comparing the 2, there are a couple of key differences to think about.
One of the primary distinctions between Puffy and Nolah is the products utilized in their bed mattress. Puffy bed mattress are made with foam layers, while Nolah bed mattress use a distinct AirFoam innovation that is designed to supply better pressure relief and cooling. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
Another essential difference is the firmness level. Puffy bed mattress are known for their medium-firm feel, which provides a good balance of support and comfort. On the other hand, Nolah bed mattress are softer and more luxurious, making them a great option for side sleepers who need additional cushioning.
When it concerns price, Puffy bed mattress are usually more pricey than Nolah bed mattress. However, Puffy often provides promos and discount rates that can bring the cost down.
Ultimately, the option in between Puffy and Nolah boils down to individual choice and sleep requirements. Puffy may be the best option for you if you’re looking for a medium-firm bed mattress with a conventional foam feel. But if you choose a softer, more luxurious bed mattress that supplies superior pressure relief and cooling, Nolah might be a better fit. No matter which brand you select, both Puffy and Nolah offer high-quality bed mattress that make certain to offer you with an excellent night’s sleep. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?
The Puffy Mattress is a great option for anyone looking for a comfy, encouraging, and cooling mattress that provides extraordinary pressure relief. With its unique style, quality materials, and generous sleep trial duration, the Puffy Mattress is definitely worth thinking about if you’re in the marketplace for a brand-new mattress.
Whether you select the original Puffy, the updated Puffy Lux, or the most advanced Puffy Royal model, you can rest easy knowing you’ve made an exceptional financial investment in your sleep health. Head over to the Puffy website today to find out more about their products and take advantage of any existing promos or discounts. Is Puffy a Good Mattress?