Having the ideal bed mattress is vital when it comes to getting an excellent night’s sleep. With numerous options readily available on the marketplace, it can be challenging to find one that satisfies your requirements. The Puffy Mattress has been acquiring a lot of attention lately, thanks to its distinct style and functions.
In this post, we will take an extensive take a look at the Puffy Mattress, exploring its construction, convenience level and other vital factors that make it stand apart from the competition.
Whether you’re in the market for a new mattress or just curious about the most recent sleep innovation, you won’t wish to miss this extensive review of the Puffy Mattress. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Who is Puffy Mattress great for?
Puffy Mattress is a great option for anyone who values pressure, support, and comfort relief in a mattress. The medium-firm feel of the Puffy Mattress makes it an excellent choice for back sleepers and those who require a balance of cushioning and assistance.
Furthermore, if you suffer from pressure pains and discomforts, the Puffy Mattress’s memory foam construction can help alleviate pain around pressure points. The Puffy Mattress is likewise an excellent option for hot sleepers, thanks to its cooling innovation that helps manage your body temperature throughout the night.
The Puffy Mattress is a good choice for kids, thanks to its stain-resistant cover and the ideal quantity of cushion and assistance for lighter bodies in any sleeping position. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
What is the Puffy Mattress made from?
To give you an even more in depth look at this bed mattress, I’m going to have a look at each of its layers. The Puffy is an all foam bed-in-a-box bed mattress developed to keep your spinal column neutrally aligned. All the foams in this bed are CertiPUR-US Certified, which suggests they’re devoid of heavy metals and damaging chemicals.
Let’s look inside to see how this all pans out
- Cover: The Puffy’s bed mattress cover is stain-resistant and hypoallergenic. These are terrific advantages for anyone using this bed mattress for kids! The polyester-blend cover also has a soft, comfortable feel.
- Comfort Layer: Right beneath the cover is a “Gel Cloud” convenience layer. This cooling cloud foam layer will help you sleep cooler than you would on a standard memory foam bed mattress and keep temperature away. This gel memory foam is extremely soft and will permit you to sink into the bed mattress for some great pressure relief.
- Base Layer: The Puffy’s assistance layer is made of HD polyfoam, a super-common assistance material found in a lot of bed-in-a-box bed mattress. This layer provides strong and strong support to the mattress.
- Transition Layer: Next up is a “Climate Comfort” layer made from responsive poly foam. This has a firmer feel and helps relieve you down onto the assistance foam below. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Puffy Mattress Firmness
Prior to we get going, bear in mind that firmness is subjective. A mattress will feel firmer or softer to different sleepers depending upon their body weight, shape, and preferred sleeping position. To get a precise idea of how firm the Puffy feels, I surveyed a series of coworkers, all of whom are Certified Sleep Science Coaches and balanced our scores and firmness levels together. The market standard for medium firmness is a 6.5 out of 10.
The Puffy initially felt super-soft when I set, however after I sank through the leading layer, I felt support from its transition layer. I offered this bed mattress a 6 out of 10 on the mattress firmness scale, which means it’s a little softer than average. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Puffy Mattress Performance
A bed will perform differently based upon your sleep position and body type. Your sleeping position must be the primary element you’re bearing in mind when trying to find a bed mattress, however different body weights likewise need various amounts of pressure point relief and assistance.
Let’s go over how the Puffy performs for different kinds of sleepers.
Is the Puffy a Good Mattress for Light Sleepers (under 130 pounds)?
- Light Back Sleepers: Yes, these sleepers should be rather delighted on the Puffy. They’ll experience a nice mix of spine assistance and pressure relief at the lower back.
- Light Stomach Sleepers: I think the Puffy is a bit too soft for light stomach sleepers and might allow their hips to sink too far into the mattress, throwing the spinal column out of positioning. I ‘d recommend checking out our roundup of best bed mattress for stomach sleepers for much better choices.
- Light Side Sleepers: I ‘d likewise advise the Puffy to the lightweight side sleepers. They should find some nice pressure relief from the Puffy’s comfortable Gel Cloud convenience layer. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Is the Puffy a Good Mattress for Average-Weight Sleepers (130– 250 pounds)?
- Average Weight Back Sleepers: I believe average-weight back sleepers ought to more than happy on this bed. I ‘d particularly recommend it to those who suffer from discomfort at the shoulders and/or hips who need a little added pressure relief.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers: The Puffy isn’t quite firm enough for average-weight stomach sleepers. These sleepers should choose a firmer bed mattress that will promote a neutral spine positioning for stomach sleeping.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers: These sleepers ought to also be rather delighted on this bed. They’ll get some nice sinkage at the shoulders and hips. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Is the Puffy a Good Mattress for Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)?
- Heavy Back Sleepers: I wouldn’t recommend the Puffy as a good bed mattress for heavy people It does not have the best level of support to prevent these sleepers from sinking all the method down into the bed. Rather, I ‘d choose a hybrid or innerspring mattress, or better yet, one specifically developed for heavy individuals.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers: See above
- Heavy Side Sleepers: See above Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Puffy Mattress Pricing
The pricing for Puffy mattresses differs depending upon the design and size you select. Bear in mind that Puffy often provides discounts and promos, so you might have the ability to find a much better deal if you watch out for sales. In addition, Puffy deals funding options that allow you to spend for your bed mattress in installments if you choose.
Puffy Mattress is a top quality memory foam mattress that is created to supply a supportive and comfy sleep experience, with a medium-firm feel that’s ideal for the majority of sleep positions.
The Puffy Mattress includes a two-layer foam construction, that includes a 3-inch layer of Cooling Cloud foam on top of a 7-inch layer of Firm Core Support foam. The Cooling Cloud foam is infused with gel beads that assist regulate body temperature level and minimize heat retention, while the Firm Core Support foam supplies support and makes sure proper back positioning.
The Puffy Mattress is also CertiPUR-US accredited, which implies that it’s made without damaging chemicals and is safe for you and the environment. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
The Puffy Lux Mattress is an upgraded version of the Puffy Mattress and it is designed to offer a elegant and comfy sleep experience, with an extra layer of luxurious foam for extra cushioning and pressure relief.
The Puffy Lux Mattress includes a three-layer foam building, that includes a 1.5-inch layer of Cooling Cloud foam, a 1.5-inch layer of Plush Dual Cloud foam and a 7-inch layer of Firm Core Support foam. The Cooling Cloud foam is instilled with gel beads that help regulate body temperature and lower heat retention, while the Plush Dual Cloud foam supplies additional cushioning and pressure relief. The Firm Core Support foam provides support and ensures correct spine positioning.
The Puffy Lux Mattress is also CertiPUR-US licensed, which implies that it’s made without harmful chemicals and is safe for you and the environment. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
The Puffy Royal Mattress is the most luxurious and sophisticated mattress produced by Puffy. It’s created to provide a comfortable and plush sleep experience, with a five-layer foam building and construction that includes a range of sophisticated materials.
The Puffy Royal Mattress features a five-layer foam construction, that includes a 1.5-inch layer of Cooling Cloud foam, a 2-inch layer of Plush Dual Cloud foam, a 2-inch layer of Climate Comfort foam, a 2-inch layer of Body Adapting Dual Cloud foam and a 7-inch layer of Firm Core Support foam. The Cooling Cloud foam is instilled with gel beads that assist regulate body temperature and reduce heat retention, while the Plush Dual Cloud foam offers additional cushioning and pressure relief. The Climate Comfort foam and Body Adapting Dual Cloud foam assistance supply targeted pressure relief and the Firm Core Support foam provides support and ensures correct back alignment.
The Puffy Royal Mattress likewise includes an elegant pillow-top layer for added convenience and is covered in a premium, breathable material that’s both soft and durable. Like other Puffy mattresses, the Puffy Royal Mattress is CertiPUR-US certified, indicating it’s made without damaging chemicals and is safe for you and the environment. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Puffy Mattress Pain Relief Performance
How a bed eases pressure at the shoulders and hips is vital for each sleeper to think about. It’s especially essential if you have problem with pain, as a bed mattress with good pressure relief can assist prevent and ease discomfort and stiffness.
I determined the pressure relief on the Puffy mattress by utilizing a pressure map. I put a pressure map on top of the Puffy and rolled onto my back, side, and stomach to reveal you how the Puffy responds to body weight.
- Shoulder Pain: The map suggests pressure forming around my shoulders as I rolled over to my side. If you’re a side sleeper who struggles with shoulder discomfort, I ‘d choose a slightly softer bed mattress to supply much more pressure relief. Back sleepers with shoulder discomfort need to discover the Puffy to be a comfortable bed mattress. Stomach sleepers with shoulder pain will likely want a firmer mattress to keep their spine in positioning. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
- Back Pain: The Puffy is a great pressure-relieving alternative for sleepers with pain in the back. The pressure map showed terrific outcomes on my back when I laid on my side and when I laid on my back. I believe the Puffy would especially help back sleepers with pain in the back. I think it’s too soft of a bed mattress for a lot of stomach sleepers with back pain, as their hips will sink in too far. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
- Hip Pain: Although there’s some yellow and green on my hips when laying on my side and on my back, I believe these are still excellent pressure map results. I think back sleepers and side sleepers with hip pain should feel comfortable on the Puffy. I believe the Puffy is too soft for stomach sleepers with hip discomfort and it would further their discomfort with time by allowing their hips to sink in too far. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Puffy Mattress Performance for Couples
You’re going to desire to look out for a few additional factors that might not matter for solo sleepers if you sleep with a partner. For instance, you’ll want to know how well your bed mattress soaks up movement, whether it’s great for sex, if it has tough and strong edges, and if it will keep you both cool. Have a look at how the Puffy accumulates in these categories listed below. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
- Motion Transfer
Motion transfer is a step of the quantity of motion you’ll likely detect from one side of the bed to the other. If you sleep with a partner who tends to turn and toss throughout the night, you’ll want a bed that does not move a great deal of motion, or has excellent movement seclusion, so you can sleep peacefully.
To test motion transfer, I dropped a 10 pound steel ball from heights of 4 inches, 8 inches and 12 inches, and measured the disruption it triggered: the bigger the lines, the larger the disturbance.
These are terrific motion transfer results! I ‘d say you will not feel disturbed by a partner tossing and turning, and might not even feel them getting in and out of bed. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
The very best mattress for sex is going to be a bit responsive and bouncy, so you and your partner can walk around easily. I ‘d say the Puffy is an alright mattress for sex. It isn’t a particularly bouncy bed and you are going to feel more “in” this bed than “on the top” of it. , if you’re looking for a bed mattress that’s particularly great for sex I ‘d suggest an innerspring bed mattress.
. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Due to the cooling gel inside, the Puffy sleeps fairly cool for an all-foam bed mattress, so a lot of couples will not require to fret about sleeping hot on it. Those who sleep extra hot or tend to overheat regularly may desire to look for a bed with a coil layer to promote more airflow. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
- Edge Support
I also checked the edge assistance on the Puffy. This is a measure of whether you can sleep all the way on the edge of the bed without feeling the side of the mattress collapsing under your weight. If you like to sit on the edge of the bed, it’s likewise great. A mattress feels a little bit bigger when you can expand over its whole sleeping surface. Edge support can likewise be an excellent step of a bed mattress’ sturdiness and whether it might sag over time.
I ‘d state the Puffy has average edge support. I felt unstable sitting on the side of this bed mattress and felt it was typical laying down. A lot of foam mattresses do not have enhanced edges, so this wasn’t a big surprise. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Puffy Mattress Unboxing
Like any online mattress or bed-in-a-box bed mattress, the Puffy has a 24 to 48 hour off-gassing duration. During this time, your bed mattress will fully decompress and launch any caught gasses in its foams. This might cause your mattress to launch a minor odor, but it’s absolutely nothing to be worried about. If you’re stressed over the smell, place your brand-new mattress in a well-ventilated space and avoid including sheets for a day approximately. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Puffy vs Nolah
Puffy and Nolah are both popular bed mattress brand names that provide high-quality, ingenious bed mattress. When comparing the 2, there are a few key distinctions to consider.
Among the main differences between Puffy and Nolah is the materials used in their bed mattress. Puffy bed mattress are made with foam layers, while Nolah mattresses utilize an unique AirFoam technology that is designed to supply better pressure relief and cooling. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
Another crucial difference is the firmness level. Puffy mattresses are understood for their medium-firm feel, which supplies an excellent balance of assistance and comfort. On the other hand, Nolah bed mattress are softer and more luxurious, making them an excellent choice for side sleepers who need extra cushioning.
Puffy mattresses are generally more expensive than Nolah mattresses when it comes to price. However, Puffy often provides promotions and discounts that can bring the cost down.
Eventually, the option in between Puffy and Nolah comes down to personal preference and sleep requirements. If you’re trying to find a medium-firm bed mattress with a standard foam feel, Puffy may be the ideal option for you. However if you prefer a softer, more luxurious mattress that offers exceptional pressure relief and cooling, Nolah could be a better fit. Regardless of which brand name you select, both Puffy and Nolah provide premium bed mattress that are sure to offer you with a great night’s sleep. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?
The Puffy Mattress is a great choice for anyone searching for a comfy, helpful, and cooling bed mattress that offers remarkable pressure relief. With its unique design, quality products, and generous sleep trial duration, the Puffy Mattress is certainly worth thinking about if you’re in the market for a new mattress.
Whether you select the initial Puffy, the upgraded Puffy Lux, or the most innovative Puffy Royal design, you can rest easy understanding you’ve made an exceptional financial investment in your sleep health. Head over to the Puffy website today to discover more about their products and take benefit of any existing promos or discount rates. Are Puffy Mattresses Any Good?